Thursday, March 8, 2012

The 3 I's of Personal Change


"You can either change history by what you learn or
repeat history by what you ignore."
Alism

Often we hear of various “Keys to Success”.  There are indeed many roads that lead to success, however long-term success is first determined by and developed through the degree of personal change an individual is willing to achieve.  Let me share with you what I call the “3 I’s of Personal Change” that has helped me understand and positioned me for varying levels of success in my family and business.


I – Information:
The mid to late ‘80’s launched what we called the “Information Age” or as some refer to as the “Computer Age”.  However, long before Commodore 64, IBM, Microsoft, or Apple arrived on the scene information was being shared in various other forms in society.  We’ve all had access to information.  Information is knowledge communicated or received concerning a particular fact or circumstance or simply, data.  In order for change to happen we have to have the information necessary to know the direction we ought to take.  The access to information we have today has taken away any excuse we could ever use regarding being ignorant.  If we truly desire to change, information abounds at alarming volumes.

I – Inspiration:
As wonderful and plentiful as information is, just having the knowledge does not give the desired change one seeks.  The next step in personal change is Inspiration.  In order for the information to go from data on a page or through the air to connecting to your heart requires the stimuli that inspiration brings.  I remember the days/years I thought I knew how to effectively lead my family.  Little did I realize, it was just knowledge.  I really “thought” I knew based on the knowledge I had (little as it was).  It wasn’t until my twin boy and girl reached their teenage years that I realized that more growth and understanding was needed on my part.  That inspired me to gain more knowledge and not rely on “old tools to repair a new car”, if you will.  I then became a change agent, first personally and then to impact my posterity. Take a moment to determine what will inspire you to effect personal change in your life?

I – Implementation:
We’ve all heard the term, “Knowledge is Power”.  Well, if “Knowledge is Power”, just imagine how much more powerful “Applied Knowledge” can be.  There’s the story of three frogs sitting on a lily pad and one of them decided to jump.  Do you know how many frogs were left on the lily pad after the one decided to jump?  Was it one, two, or three?  If you said three, you are correct.  You see, nothing you think about takes place until you make the choice to put it in action.  That’s the final stage of personal change.  We all can have all the information, and be inspired to do something different.  However, until we move into action, all we have is potential sitting on the lily pad of life.  Implementation suggests that we “Do Something”.  Having a desire without the daily discipline to achieve it makes the desire just a dream. 

Don’t you think it’s time to start walking out your dreams and begin the process of personal change in your life today?  By taking the information you’ve received, coupled with the inspiration that connected and triggered a desire within you, and then ultimately taking the necessary steps to implement them will greatly impact the speed of your success.  Today, I stand on the sidelines of life to cheer you on as you run.
Aim High…
© 2012 Aldean Pearson
_____________________________________________________________________________

Aldean “Al” Pearson is a Professional Speaker, Trainer, and Perspective Coach.  He is the Co-Founder of the LĪVE! movement, a speaking, training and coaching organization committed to developing extraordinary people, families, and businesses. His “up-front and candid,” yet at times humorous approach empowers his clients and audiences to look past their limitations to find the hidden gems of capability within. He is married with twin boy and girl. 
Contact: AlPearson1@gmail.com
Become Inspired! 
Join our Facebook page: www.Facebook.com/AldeanPearson
Follow us on Twitter: www.Twitter.com/AldeanPearson
Connect on LinkedIn: www.Linkedin.com/in/aldeanpearson


No comments:

Post a Comment